quinta-feira, fevereiro 24, 2005

A segunda parte

Como eu tinha dito beeeeem lá embaixo, eu ia postar a segunda parte do poema do Borges em inglês em alguma hora. Guess it is about time. Ah, outra coisa, sei que não é honesto, mas o poema é longo e só coloquei as partes de que mais gosto.

II

What can I hold you with?
I offer you lean streets, desperate sunsets, the moon of the jagged suburbs.
I offer you the bitterness of a man who has looked long and long at the lonely moon.
I offer you the loyalty of a man who has never been loyal.
I offer you the kernel of myself that I have saved, somehow --the central heart that deals not in words, traffics not with dreams and is untouched by time, by joy, by adversities.
I offer you explanations of yourself, theories about yourself, authentic and surprising news about yourself.
I can give you my loneliness, my darkness, the hunger of my heart; I am trying to bribe you with uncertainty, with danger, with defeat.

2 comentários:

Anônimo disse...

ahhhhhh!
jura? tudo isso??
wow! how wonderful!
big kisses!!

Marcão disse...

é só o começo, é claro...
bjs